Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Fail to plan....

Plan to fail.  This quote, attributed to Benjamin Franklin, contains very wise words.  Sure, you can "luck"  into some success but when you decide to plan, your chances for success increase tremendously.  If you don't have a plan with some goals how do you even know if you have achieved what you wanted?

So how do you make a plan?  There are of course as many ways to make a plan as there are people.  We are all unique, so our paths to success are all unique.  This week I called together a group of wise professionals who have worked with me over the years.  I asked them to join me in brainstorming time for my future business plan.  It was incredibly inspiring to hear different viewpoints.  I have experienced some great success over the years in the banking and credit union industries.  I have presented countless seminars encouraging professionals to plan.  I understand the value in setting aside time to plan.

Can you imagine me going into speak to a group without thinking through what I would say?  Since I've been a speaker for decades I could "wing it" and may make some sense.   But optimum teaching is only going to happen when I plan my lessons, practice my presentation and tune in to my audience.

As the year comes to an end take some time to think through how you spent your days this year.  As the new year begins plan how you could be more effective, more professionals and more successful.  Think through your circle of acquaintances.  Ask them to honestly give you some input on your work ethic.  To improve we must listen to criticism and make adjustments to better ourselves.

Still learning.

Honey
www.interaction-training.com

Supervisors plan for success by coming to my January bootcamp  

No comments:

Post a Comment