Monday, April 7, 2014

Mind Map - Best Tool in My Training Toolbox




I am a major fan of mind mapping, I don’t know a tool I use that is more helpful when I want to construct a plan or teach others to retain information. 

In every workshop I do today I teach my participants how to mind map.  It is spelled out in my latest Supervisor Manual.  Recently in Virginia while doing a Train the Trainer program the response to mind mapping was very enthusiastic.   
Randy Nicely, Vice President/Director of Training & Development with Valley Bank in Roanoke sent me the following email:

“Good afternoon Honey.  I wanted to thank you again for sharing your expertise and experiences with me at the VBA training sessions.  I benefited greatly by attending both the Train the Trainer session and the Branch Leadership session.
I immediately began using Mind Mapping in my FSR School to assist them with product knowledge.  It is a great way for them to categorize information about a product (free, rewards, qualifications, non-qualifications, ancillary services, etc.).  They can self-test their knowledge at any time and then compare what they remembered to our Product Profiles we provided in training.  

I plan to revisit your material, my many notes and my Action Plan after I teach one more FSR School this week.  You and Janice provided some excellent reminders as well as many new things for me think about as I continue to develop the training program here at Valley Bank.  

I have registered for your newsletter and I look forward to attending future training sessions with you.”

All of us that train others, appreciate unsolicited testimony.  Thank you, Randy!

Put mind mapping to work for you!

Still learning, 
 

Honey

1 comment:

  1. Great article! I have also recently found a site that teachesWhat is Mind Mapping and it is very easy to use! I would recommend checking it out!

    ReplyDelete